Carbine is encouraging folks to download the PTR and try out the new level 50 content the Strain Ultradrop.
They plan to host an event on Friday June 27 (2014) where players will have a chance to play on the PTR alongside the Devs.
Here is the full post from Raijinn:
The team at Carbine would like to invite you to check out all the latest content in the Strain Ultradrop on the Public Test Realm – Nexus! In addition to being able to check out the new content in-game, we’ll be hosting an event on Friday, June 27, 2014, which will give you the opportunity to hang out with some of the game developers who created the Strain Ultradrop content! So, be sure to install the Public Test Realm client now – it may take a little while to install.
For more details on the Public Test Realm, you can check out this post. The Public Test Realm can be accessed through the WildStarPTR download found here: http://wildstar.patc…WildStarPTR.exe
Further details will be posted shortly, but we wanted to make sure you had the chance to get ready for the in-game event now!
Need more information about the PTR Server, got you covered there too in this post also by Raijinn:
As we move towards testing out our bigger content drops, such as the upcoming Strain Ultradrop, we are going to be opening up a new server to test on called Nexus or Public Test Realm (PTR for short). When the PTR becomes available there are a few things that you should know about it:
- The PTR will be located in the Dallas Data Center
- As long as you have an Active WildStar subscription (NA or EU) you will be able to access the PTR.
- Note: This required the team perform magical technical manipulations to make this possible.
- Character wipes may be needed on the PTR from time to time and your progress on this Realm may be lost, this is a fair warning!
- “Boost” NPC’s will be available in Nexus that will level you up and give you gear.
- “Boost” NPC’s will only be available for players who have earned a level 50 on a Live Realm before 6/12.
- We typically take time stamps prior to when the next drop will hit the PTR. Example: Before Drop 2 hits the PTR, we’ll take another time stamp.
- We are planning on leaving the PTR up and available 24/7, similar to any other Realm, for the remainder of the time that Drop 1 (Strain) needs to be tested.
- Do note that you shouldn’t approach this server as a new “home” for an ongoing basis as we might have to take this Realm down at a moment’s notice for updates.
- Please consider the PTR a place to visit and check out some new exciting content, not live.
- In-game localization of Drop 1 will not be ready for Day 1 of PTR, but we work to make it available in a future update.
We’ve set up forums specifically for the Nexus Public Test Realm, they are:
- Game Update
- Update notes for the PTR will live here
- General Discussion
- General talk about the PTR can take place here
- Bug Reports
- If you come across a bug, specific to the PTR content we’d appreciate you submitting them here!
Finally, the Team truly appreciates your early participation in finding and submitting any issues or bugs with the new Strain content you find while on Nexus. Thank you!
The Public Test Realm can be accessed through the WildStarPTR download found here: http://wildstar.patc…WildStarPTR.exe
EDIT: You are totally allowed to video/capture/stream/discuss anything on the PTR by the way. 😉
I am currently loading up the PTR to take a peek in and see what there is to see of the new content. Here’s hoping that some of my new 50 armor loads along with my toon!