Well I’ve been at the WoW again (sort of like “on the sauce” but with less puking), and this time I’ve really been having a blast. I’ve been helping a friend level a Warlock via the Recruit a Friend program and we’ve been zipping through quests and levels.

I’m really looking forward to 55 and getting Death Knights unlocked for my buddy, that’s going to be a blast hehe.

One thing that did have me down though was that, well, once I hit the level cap with whatever I end up playing, do I really want to “get in line” for the end game theme park experience? Arguably this is what everyone does right? You level, then you go raid. For some reason the idea of dealing with the end game loot mill is about as appetizing as Tabasco sauce and broken glass.

I’m not playing WoW to beat the game or to impress anyone else who’s playing. I play WoW to get a much needed break from reality and to explore a virtual world. Yeah I know, odd concept. I enjoy discovering new books, new hidden clickies, running into the random dragon, you know, all the stuff that most folks run right past.

I’ve learned to accept the fact that I’m different and that I can actually have fun playing WoW this way. Really it’s one of the reasons I keep coming back to WoW is BECAUSE it has little “Easter eggs” planted here and there, waiting for me to discover them. There aren’t a lot of games out there that have things like this, at least not in the same quantity that WoW does.

Currently though I’m not part of a guild that needs me for raiding. No one really cares if I hit the end cap or not. Better yet no one really cares what I’ll be doing if I actually manage to hit the end cap. With that in mind, it’d be kind of cool to well, do ANYTHING other than end game raids.

I do know that I have some video footage to capture before Cataclysm. I’d just like to do it with a level capped character as opposed to a poor lowbie schlubb in mismatched greens. That’s one thing I’ll probably be working on.

I’ve also found a cool blog on Soloing in WoW and an interesting post on soloing as a Blood Death Knight (LINK). Not leveling solo, but a kind of, End Game soloing. Going through old world dungeons solo and even some Burning Crusade dungeons solo. No I’m not saying that I expect I’ll be able to solo heroic dungeons, that’s NOT what I’m thinking. I’d like to go back to the dungeons I haven’t explored much yet because well, no one’s wanted to do them. As a level 80, I’m sure I’d be able to swing visits to a lot of dungeons I haven’t explored yet. It’d also be cool to take on some of the more challenging content with some of the folks I’ve enjoyed playing with in the past.

As for the viability of doing so with a Blood Death Knight. Well out of my expereince working with the three trees, Blood has seemed to be the heartiest. The self healing abilities found in the Blood tree help make up for some of the otherwise squishy issues Death Knights tend to face. Head on I’ve seen Blood Death Knights take some serious abuse and walk away from it. So for this application the Blood tree would be a perfectly viable choice.

Thing is that everyone buys the ticket and everyone rides the ride. I wonder how many folks think about whether they have to, or if they’re just following the crowds to the ticket takers?

Notify of
guest

22 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
H00LiGAN
H00LiGAN
13 years ago

*cough* Auslander + Scary + Me + 2 other peeps = ToC.
Quick, easy, fun 🙂

RIvs
13 years ago

I really like soloing old stuff, like I do strat all the time..damn mount.

But as a frost mage i can only do so far.

Scarybooster
13 years ago

Me+H00LiGAN+You+Evil+Wicked=ToC and all Heroics to infinity and beyond…

I am working on my second 80. He is 74 and I am taking differnt track than I did with my first 80 and northrend is a totally different experience. It makes me want to go back and find them on my Priest. There is so much to do in the game. I skipped 50+% of BC with my toons. If I don’t want to do the end game treadmill than thee are 1000’s of things to explore and 5 level 80’s can clear most raid content pre-Northrend. I read an artical about a guy 2 manning ZA. You might not get in WoTLK treadmills but with ToC it is so easy to gear up and play for fun for many years. People are starting to PUG most 10 mans. A lot of people already have the gear they just want the achievements. I did Heroic UK lastnight for the daily and we destroyed it. Before ToC the last boss was undoable. ToC will get you on and off the treadmill with minimal pain and sweat. The game is easier than ever and loaded with fun

Scarybooster
13 years ago

I like Spacegoats they are my favorite. And yes there I’d always room for more peeps. With 6 people we could do all raids pre-WotLK and ToC takes maybe 30 minutes. We can do round robin runs. I have lots alts to okay with you too. I have 74 Shaman, 61 Warrior, 46 Hunter, 1 Pally, and Soon to be Worgen Druid. Oh almost forgot my 71 DK

Scarybooster
13 years ago

Evil is the lead officer in a great guild your mom is in too. The stars have aligned

H00LiGAN
H00LiGAN
13 years ago

Zoiks! I see a plan forming!
I have just taken my 70 WAR out of mothballs and started a paladin (male human!?!) for my nostalgia tour.

Scarybooster
13 years ago

Wicked is starting a Pally too.. Go go Pally Power!! Pally tank, Pally healer, 3 DPS Pallies… Who needs other classes?

H00LiGAN
H00LiGAN
13 years ago

Let’s not forget retrOnyxia and the future Onyxia 2.0 upgrade!

Scarybooster
13 years ago

I do need to bang out Ony before she goes 2.0. I tried to solo her but as a priest I died at 69%. She bent me over and licked my…

H00LiGAN
H00LiGAN
13 years ago

I had a 45 pally once back in the day. I got so frustrated with his 1 kill per 10 minutes that I deleted him in frustration.
Today’s pallys have no idea how good they have it.

Scarybooster
13 years ago

I still have level 29 Pally I stopped playing back in vanilla. Hey I made it to 29. Maybe, that is why I bald now! What level u now Creep I can’t wait to play with you again… Wait, did that come out dirty? I still haven’t played with H00LiGAN… Wait that kinda dirty too. Group withu guys and do it up… Nm my mind is in gutter

Scarybooster
13 years ago

Last weekend I went from 50 to 61 on my warrior solo. I’m thinking you should snap into that Slim Jim. I’ll se u on Rexxar Sunday night. Good luck! No pressure! Ahhhhhh j can’t take the pressure ahhhhhh!

Scarybooster
13 years ago

When I reread my comments I hardly can understand what I am saying. I=j, with you=whithu, monkey= Earl Gray Tea, and Scarybooster= attention Haaaa O!