LotRO: Riding with Style, Right into that Tree….

Woo Hooo! Finally hit 35 AND made enough to pay for the mount. I still had the festival tokens and ticket in the bank so I was able to pick up a lovely Summer Festival horse. This is actually pretty huge for my slack-tastic self. Usually I barely manage to scrape enough up for a standard mount, and typically that’s about 3 levels AFTER the minimum purchase level. Guess I’m getting the hang of this stuff. Ok MAYBE.

Author:

Find Related Articles:

Notify of
guest

11 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
Creep
13 years ago

Yeah MJ told me about that. He didn’t tell me that they got into your WoW account too though! Eeeep!

If you’d like I’d be willing to sport ya for a bit if you want to try out LotRO for a bit. We’ve just gotta see about getting it to work on that lappy hehe. Sorry I’ve been out of touch lately, lots of stuff going on out here heh.

Talta
Talta
13 years ago

Glad you are having a good time and grats on the mount…. miss you in WoW. I don’t play frequently enough right now to ask you to join in. Depends on how sore the arm is after doing PT.

Sorry the connect on Lotro didn’t happen. I had a cc stolen and had to spend time purging my computers since my Wow account had been hijacked as well.

Once the arm is healed would love to catch up with you somewhere in virtual space since it doesn’t look like I’ll be seeing you in RL 🙁

H00LiGAN
13 years ago

Well, if you ever need an awesome champion for an instance some time, just let me know. I’ll probably start pugging some of these Moria instances soon enough.
Also, how did you “enjoy” the mount quest?

Creep
13 years ago

On the mount quests … 😛 … Nah they weren’t all that bad. I was in a rush to get through them at the time so they were annoying considering the time it took to complete them but they weren’t too bad. I liked the little race at the end though that was kind of neat.

As for instances, it would have been nice to have you along last night wen I was getting pounded in Garth Agarwen >.< granted though we went in with 5 as opposed to 6 folks. We did great up until the end that Ivar guy is now on my "must stomp" list. Heh, that's pretty low for a 52 Champ though. I can't wait to check out Moria, but then again I'm just enjoying checking out all of the zones. I LOVE Rivendell, so far it's one of my favorites. Any who, if you're bored bug me any time, I'd be happy to run around a bit.

Creep
13 years ago

Awww H00Ligan. That’s the worst when you log in and you’re all by yourself. None of us Smaug’s are 52 yet but a couple of us are in the 40’s. If you want some folks to hang out with feel free to hang out. I could always set up a user chat too to just babble in. Makes things easier than tells. 😀

H00LiGAN
13 years ago

Hey H00LiGAN, that’s ME!
Anyways, other than Aion, Champions, and fallen Earth, that’s all I have my eye on. If none of them pan out, MMO’s may be dead in my mind.
I may be looking for a kin soon in LotRO. The CoWs are great, but it look like most of them have left the game other than our static Tuesday.
At 52 and climbing, I’m feeling a little lonely.

Creep
13 years ago

Shhhhh…. Not so loud! hehe

Heh, I don’t go out of my way to talk about it, though it does make for some funny events sometimes.

Right now I’m pretty sure most of my Kin thinks I’m a guy and I don’t really feel like correcting them. Then again I also refuse to use any form of voice chat too so that’s helped.

Gareld
Gareld
13 years ago

Your a girl (feigns being suprised)!!!

I suppose I will now have to make all sort of rude and lewd comments now… damn. Have to play my part too, you know, perverted male gamer. Sincerely I used to be suprised to see girls in mmo when I first started out a few years ago but since then it’s kinda normal.
Anyway, as time goes on the difference blurs more and more in game. Girls are playing dumb guys, guys are playing girls dans both sounds perverted and obsessed, good times.

Creep
13 years ago

@ Lann, Sweet Lann! I’ve been reading yer blog and gigling as your little ogre works on leveling in WoW. That’s cool he’s playing too. If I were to get back into WoW I’d totally look you up. For now though I’m on a fun server and I’m running with some fun folks so I’m going to have to hang out here. That is unless Mum convinces me to head back to WoW to get in some quality time hehe.

Als always though you gotta show me up by getting an epic flyer over my dinky horsey 😛 *giggles* but I still think that’s RAD and congratulations all over the place.

@ Gerald, 35 will come at you before you know it. I wouldn’t worry about a thing. As long as you’re enjoying the game that’s really all that matters. I mean there’s folks rp’ing at the prancing pony at level 10 for the bulk of their game career. If they’re enjoying themselves and it justifies the monthly fee, I say more power to them!

And hey lots of folks are taking time out to play console or rpg’s right now wating for the next big thing to drop. Personally though hanging out in a MMO for me is sort of the reason why other folks go to the pub or whatever. It’s a chance for me to hang out, not have to deal with the whole “yer a girl” deal, and just have some fun.

Ok that and I kind of get a little obsessive in my research on the MMO I’m playing and if I end up playing more than one…. Let’s just say I wouldn’t have time to actually play the game >.< hehe ADD for the win!

Gareld
Gareld
13 years ago

Still level 29 here with the warden. Haven’t played much recently because of real life and I started dusting off old console games I had not finished or even started. I guess WoW was getting all my attention ( on the same note Twilight princess is awesome.. cant believe I had that sitting on my shelf all that time and not playing).

What your saying about the break is true except I took it a bit earlier. I’m currently finishing up lonelands and starting on North downs taking my time to finish most of every deed (the elites trolls will wait tough 🙂 ). I’m even doing grey quests just for the fun of seeing where they lead, had a few good surprises so far.

Anyway I’m off to take down that Red pass quest… going to go insane on it.

Lannister
13 years ago

Gratz on the horse. I finally got my epic flying skill and bought the cheapo griffon (don’t tell it I said that). 🙂

It’s funny you mention Aftermath. I left Red Light District a couple of weeks ago to hop over and help Huntingwolf with a start up guild he has with someone from Hounds of Tindalos. RLD were a good bunch but I felt like the new kid at High School coming in during the last grade where everyone already has best friends and tons of inside stories.

Ninefold Dragons has been great so far. It’s a mix of casual and raiders (and even PVPers) with us fielding our own 10man raids. Despite leaning towards raiding a little more at this moment, the atmosphere is very helpful with us running Heroics, dungeons and other things to help out. I’d still like to hit up some of the older raid zones at some point but haven’t made the time to organize that. Now that I’m done working up the cash for my mount, I should have some time for that.

My 6-year old is playing now too. He’s got a Ret Pally up to 54 (hehe) and likes some of the simpler aspects of it. He’s running around the Plaguelands (going “eeew”) clobbering skeletons and ghouls. He loves how those fall apart when they die.

If you ever get the itch to come back you should give us a try. 🙂 That goes for some of the others that lurk here. I don’t want to recruit people already in a guild that might be content so I’m not pushing people.

Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
x