- 2017: Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
- 2016: Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
- 2015: Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
- 2014: Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
- 2013: Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
- 2012: Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
- 2011: Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
- 2010: Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
- 2009: Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
- 2008: Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
The future players of The Repopulation answered at least one if not two recent polls showing that they REALLY wanted to know more about the in game housing system. Out of all the game features listed, Player Housing came out on top. It looks like this is the feature that future players are really passionate about. After reading up on it, I have to admit that I can’t wait to see how this will work myself.
Here’s the information available so far:
- There will be 3 categories of housing plots Instanced Neighborhood housing plots, Persistent Non-Instanced housing plots and Nation City housing plots.
- Houses will be either whole housing units or modular units players will be able to place together to build homes.
- Players will be able to move their homes
- Players will not have to worry about other players destroying or stealing from their homes.
Instanced player housing will be the easiest and cheapest option. The two NPC factions, OWON and FPR will have instanced neighborhoods where players will be able to set up homes. Having a more neighborhood feel will give players a chance to showcase their homes to other players, just on a smaller scale. Sadly though OWON folks can’t be neighbors with FPR folks, so you’ll want to make sure that all of your friends join the same faction if you want them to visit your Instanced house. Instanced player housing will give anyone who wants to try out the housing system a chance to buy a plot and build a house.
The Persistent Non-Instanced housing will give players a little more of that Star Wars Galaxies feel by letting them put a house down in the open world. There won’t be a lot of these housing plots and they’ll be more expensive than the instanced housing. The Devs plan to release Persistent Non-Instanced housing plots slowly over time and restrict purchase of the housing plots to one plot per account. The reasoning is that this will give more players a chance to have open world homes. This option is mostly for people who really want to have homes out in the open game world but do not want to risk building a home in a Nation city as these will be in PvP areas.
Nation housing plots are the third option available to Repopulation home builders. So not only will players be able to build their own cities out in the open world, but they’ll be able to have homes within those cities. These housing plots will be tied to the city. This means that if the city falls to another Nation, or the city Mayor decides to reallocate a housing plot, the houses on the Nation plots are released and the houses are packaged.
Here’s the really nifty bit, in The Repopulation houses are mobile.
All houses in The Repopulation are tied to the player, not the property they sit on. This means that players can move their house from one housing plot to another. This gives players flexibility in where they want to place their homes and also means that players can invest their time and resources on building and decorating their home without fear of having someone show up and try to destroy it.
Players will also be able to give others the ability to manipulate the items in their homes. Though apparently if you give someone else permission to re-arrange your house they can put things wherever they want.
That’s just the basics of the housing system and personally I can’t wait to get a chance to work with a home of my own. Chances are I may even try getting in with a player nation just so I can see how it works when you plunk down a house in a Nation city.
For more information check out the Player Housing System write up over on The Repopulation website. Also, if you have some questions about the system you can ask the devs directly on this forum thread Player Housing 1-25-2013 – Questions.